Monday, July 23, 2012

Skinny, Healthy, and Happy, OH MY!

     Fat: almost everyone hates it; many would like to get rid of it; and few people do not have it. 
   Fact is, too much body fat may make a person feel trapped inside their own body.
    
   In the spring of 2012 (April), I realized my friend was slimming down, and I envied this. I ask her for a copy of her diet plan; I looked at it and tried it for a week. Then, I made my own.
   I started eating healthier, cutting down on my carbohydrate intake, and stepping up my work outs.  I started off my running almost everyday; and, once I read that running can burn muscle, I decided to try a new workout.  I went on Youtube and started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: level one, level two, and level three.  I soon found out that this 20-minute-a-day workout may seem to be easy, because of the amount of time spent on it, but this challenging workout comes with results.
   Within the first month of my "diet" plan, I had lost ten pounds and two bra sizes; even during school, I could tell my body was shrinking by the increasing amount of pant fabric I could pull from my abdomen.  I enjoyed these small results; but, my goal is to loose all belly fat and highlight my six pack.


  Loosing weight can be hard at times, but with the help of this "diet," my self-discipline has increased.  It has become easier for me to push away from foods which tempt me so much, some foods which used to tempt me, no longer hold that place.
   I have found that exercise and eating healthy can be a good obsession.  God gave us food in order to live and survive.  People who constantly overdo food are making God an idol, whether the realize it or not.  Sure, people can idolize "loosing weight," but the act of loosing weight can bring you closer to God.  Through loosing weight, God has shown me some strengths I never though I had.



Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. 

Your stomach shouldn't be a waist basket.

 More die in the United States of too much food than of too little.  ~John Kenneth Galbraith, The Affluent Society

One should eat to live, not live to eat.  ~Cicero, Rhetoricorum LV

 When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap.  You worked hard and you deserve the compliment!  ~Jillian Michaels

The one way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life.  ~Cyril Connolly, The Unquiet Grave



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.