Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SonRise Mission.

  As a Christian, I do want to continue to spread the word.  Missions do not have to take place in faraway lands; they can take place in "your own backyard." Participating in a vacation bible school has been added to my most recent list of volunteer work.
   My cousin, Mackenzie, works every Sunday at her church, watching children while trying to be a positive influence of them.  My aunt (her mom), calls it "birth control." Mackenzie has said, many-a-time, that she knows she does not want children; watching over children each Sunday makes this "birth control" strong and effective.
  For me, I decided to assist a kindergarten class; and my decision ruled successful.  These kids could be playful and funny, but they also would sit down, listen and absorb the information from the bible story. 
   Watching and helping these children may seem easy, but it does suck the energy from you. Above this, I have thoroughly enjoyed it.  During vacation bible school, I do not necessarily learn from the bible stories (for, I already know them), but I did learn from the children. Their enthusiasm for Jesus was overwhelming to watch; what love they have for Jesus! They just believe!  While watching these children, a bible verse came to my mind.
Luke 18:17; Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
This verse makes much sense.  The children whom I spent my days with believed almost anything that come from my mouth, even if I was just joking. This is why children accept Jesus a lot easier than adults do.  There is something different about a child's faith and an adult's faith; but there is a way to believe in Jesus the way a child does. And that is: JUST BELIEVE.  Don't add all this complicated stuff to it.  A child's mind does not analyze as easily as a more matured mind does.  Jesus loves children.  And children just believe.



Matthew 18:3; And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.