Thursday, August 2, 2012

Like a Bird; Fly Away.

  Every daddy is attached to his daughter, and does not want to watch them grow up.  Sometimes, even I do not want to grow up; but growing up is only a step closer to finding your way in life.
  Lately, I have changed my mindset; trying to become more positive is not always easy.  "You are your best worse enemy," are the words of a very wise man whom I know.  Every time I get discouraged, I run words through my head repetitively which help encourage me, and I am able to complete the task I once thought I could not do.  "You can do it." "You will get this." These words may sometimes trick one into thinking you are selfish, prideful, or over-confident.  What I have found is these words can help you reach a new level, and can help change a person for the better.
I play volleyball.  I, as an athlete, know people become increasingly better in their, until they hit a wall where they believe that they may no longer become increasingly better.  I thought I had hit this wall, until I changed my mindset from you are not good enough, to you can do anything you believe you can do.  Overcoming the stuck mindset has improved me in more areas than just this one.
  If you change your mindset, you can change your world.  I had not realized how true this quote was, until I tried it, and it worked.  I do believe, with the help of my God, I can become better, and only better, because I WILL NOT allow myself to become worse.  I will not walk back down a hill I have already traveled:for, I wish to see only new sights, enabling me to learn only more.

  What does growing up and a positive mindset have in common? Well, if you make these two things have something in common, it will improve your world.  As you grow older, desire to become wiser and more positive, in order to understand and become the person you are meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.